Andaman Video
Flight Booking
Hotel Booking
Andaman Packages
Resort Booking
Names of Islands
Important Tourism Places
Distance of the Places in Port Blair
Port Blair Tour Package Booking

Official and other languages

Language is the best mean /mode of communication. Andaman and Nicobar Islands is thickly populated with Hindi speaking people. 15% of the people have Hindi as their mother tongue and the remaining 85% people speak other languages. English is the official language, but in some strange place Hindi is used. Most of the people can understand and communicate in Hindi even though they might speak various other languages. Almost 24 languages are spoken by the people in the Islands Tamil, Malayalam, Urdu, Karen, Konkini, Manipuri, Bengali, Telugu, Gujarathi, Kannada, Assamese, Rajasthani, English, Punjabi, Nicobari, Tulu, Burmese, Barsi, Sindi, Dokri, Munda, Marwari, Nepali, and Oriya are the languages spoken. A good member of the above mentioned languages substantiate that the Islands dwellers have migrated and settled down from various parts of India and Burma as well.

There is every possibility that these people who speak various languages which are mentioned above might switch on to adopt Hindi as their only language. Then Andaman and Nicobar islands will be a Hindi speaking territory with no cast and creed among people. This would do a world of good the mind set of the people as there would be no discrimination, no diversity and chaos. It would be a unique land different from the other parts of India. 

Have you got useful informations, Please click this Button